“The Difference of FACES”
Monday, October 12th, 2015
1314 NW Glisan St, Portland, OR 97209
We are delighted to have you join us for an evening of culture, elegance, and, most importantly, philanthropy. Your support changes the lives of children born with clefts, and you are giving the gift of hope to their families.
We have an exciting number of auction items this year, categorized into Live Auction, Silent Auction, and Buy-It-Now. Here is a preview of the Live Auction items available! (Note: if you are unable to attend, but would still like to bid on one of these featured items, please email Angela at email@example.com to arrange for absentee bidding.)
Andina Restaurant Dinner for Eight
- Pick your table mates, and Andina will take care of the rest. This dinner features a welcoming cocktail, a four course tapas tasting menu, and paired wines.
A Weekend Escape to Cannon Beach for Family and Friends
- Spend the weekend on the Oregon Coast in this unforgettable Cannon Beach home, with sweeping views of the coastline.
- Sleeps 8
Elk Cove Vineyards Tour & Tasting for Six
- Join Joe and Pat Campbell, pioneers of Oregon wine making, for a tour of their lovely vineyards. http://www.elkcove.com/
- Includes wine tasting
Gearhart Beach House Weekend
- This four-bedroom home is a 10-minute walk from the beach and three blocks from Gearhart’s quaint downtown.
- Sleeps 10
Maui Luxury Vacation Townhouse at Puamana
- This privately-owned townhouse condo has direct access to the exotic Hawaiian beaches ofMaui. Enjoy sunbathing, swimming and surfing.
- Sleeps 6
- Escape to the glorious Olympic Peninsula with your best friend and take in the spectacular views from your cozy cottage or walk along the sandy beach in the sunset.
- Includes 2 hour kayak rental
Gerry Thomas Handcrafted Rocker
- Artist’s description: Both pieces are made from maple and walnut but contain elements of rosewood and ebony. Elizabeth, my wife, suggested that the ebony lines in the arms of the chair would appear to gently embrace whoever might be the chair’s occupant. I really liked that image, as well as regarding the swans as representatives of yin and yang (another suggestion of Elizabeth’s). It goes hand in hand with the juxtaposition of the light and dark woods and with the idea of soul mates.
Artist’s description: The pie crust table has several unique features. The top can be positioned to be either flat or vertical. When placed in the flat position the top will rotate much as a Lazy Susan, or it can be held in a stationary position by a key. As a sidelight, the key was fashioned to match the design of the chair rockers. The design of the table is an old one dating to the early 1700’s when drinking exotic teas became the rage in Europe. However, I thought it would be more fun to utilize the table for serving wine.
Fifty hours of residential or commercial Cleaning Service
- Do you have your own office space? Rental properties? Or perhaps your home needs some TLC? This professional cleaning service will make your space shine and give you the peace that springs from cleanliness.
- Clean With Care LLC
Peruvian Parrilla for Eight, catered to your home
- A house party without the cooking? Yes please! Share your love of Peruvian food in the comfort of your home without lifting a finger. Peru-native Miriam Landa Hunter will prepare and serve a culinary masterpiece with the traditional tastes of Peru.
- Dinner for 8.
Have you ever wanted to go from 0 to 60mph in just 2.8 seconds? Then pick up the Ultimate Tesla Experience for an overnight drive with the Model S. Tesla Motors is leading the way in electric car innovation and has generously donated this fabulous overnight test drive package.
Raffle Tickets are $25 each. May be purchased at the auction or through Angela David (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org).Highlights of the Tesla Model S include:– 285 miles all electric range– 0-60 in as little as 2.8 seconds– Quick charge in as little as 20 minutes– Zero emissions– All wheel drive– Highest safety rating of any vehicle– 4 doors, seats 5 adults + 2 children (optional)– Highest Consumer Reports score ever