US Organizational Coordinator
Position available April 1, 2017
FACES (Foundation for the Advancement of Cleft Education and Services), founded in 2001, has a mission to model comprehensive, high quality care for indigent, medically isolated patients with cleft lip and palate deformities – beyond surgery alone – in a locally sustainable manner. We have built our program in Lambayeque, Peru, in the northern region of the country. FACES has performed hundreds of cleft lip and palate surgeries on medically isolated patients. The organization is comprised of the Executive Director in the US, a Coordinator in Peru, a contracted bookkeeper, an active board, and dozens of volunteer medical professionals.
FACES is seeking a US Organizational Coordinator to implement fundraising efforts, administrative tasks and volunteer coordination. This is a position in a small non-profit organization that continues to develop and progress. The job position will evolve with the new hire and there may be opportunities for growth. A successful candidate will be flexible, self-managing, and passionate.
Description of duties:
- Implement Fundraising Efforts
- Research and seek out sponsors/grantors in collaboration with a Fundraising consultant
- Develop an outreach program to Portland’s Peruvian Community
- Coordinate annual auction fundraiser
- Plan a separate fundraising event during the year apart from existing annual auction
- Coordinate raffles
- Coordinate year-round domestic volunteer activities
- Assess interests and strengths of FACES volunteers
- Create sub-committees or focus groups among volunteers with the goal of creating a strong, year-round volunteer base with meaningful responsibilities beyond surgical trip alone
- Assist the Executive Committee and FACES Board in administrative tasks
- Participate in monthly Board meetings
- Complete necessary legal or medical applications (i.e. Oregon State Raffle License Renewal, Liability Insurance for Board Members, etc)
- Offer tech support as requested
- File documents into the Electronic Filing System: DropBox.
- Process Donations
- Check PO Box once a week for check / cash donations
- Scan copies of checks to Bookkeeper for recording
- Enter donations into SalesForce.com
- Deposit donations into FACES bank account
- Issue thank-you notes and tax receipts
- Passion for FACES mission
- Non-profit experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with pertinent IT programs
- Experience in event coordination
Estimated Time Commitment: 8-10 hours a week
Compensation: $20 / hr
The position is based in Portland, OR. Most of the work can be completed from home and with flexible hours.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 31, 2017.