Current Openings: Development and Operations Manager, Part-time
Development and Operations Manager
Accepting Applications through June 15, 2020
FACES (Foundation for the Advancement of Cleft Education and Services), founded in 2001, has a mission to model comprehensive, high quality care for indigent, medically isolated patients with cleft lip and palate deformities – beyond surgery alone – in a locally sustainable manner. We have built our program in Lambayeque, Peru, in the northern region of the country. FACES has performed hundreds of cleft lip and palate surgeries on medically isolated patients. The organization is comprised of the Executive Director in the US, a Coordinator in Peru, a contracted bookkeeper, an active board, and dozens of volunteer medical professionals.
The FACES Foundation is seeking a Development and Operations Manager to assist the Executive Director in the implementation of the Cleft Campaigns in Peru and fundraising efforts throughout the year. The ideal candidate is passionate about global health, Latin America, and making a difference in the world! This position is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking for a meaningful, part-time role with the chance for professional and personal growth.
Description of duties:
- Assist the Executive Director in planning the Annual Screening and Surgical Campaigns to Peru, including organizing patient data, team member applications, and medical liability insurance.
- Accompany the FACES Team twice a year to Peru on official campaign trips.
- Use and update the on-line filing system, Dropbox.
- Complete necessary legal or medical applications (i.e. Oregon State Raffle License Renewal, Liability Insurance for Board Members, etc.)
- Participate in monthly Board and Executive Committee meetings
- Enter and update donor information in FACES donor management software
- Coordinate the annual Spring raffle including the distribution of raffle tickets to sellers and data entry of ticket sales. Help prepare for the raffle drawing event.
- Assist in preparations for the Annual Fall Fundraiser. Solicit donations & event sponsors, track guest registration, and enter donation information.
- Attend monthly Fundraising Committee Meetings.
- Collaborate with volunteers in program and fundraising efforts.
- Non-profit experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in computer software including Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with electronic health records and donor management preferred.
- Experience in event coordination preferred
- Familiarity with Latin Culture is a plus
- Estimated Time Commitment: 10-15 hours a week
- Compensation: $20 / hr
- The organization is based in Portland, OR. Most of the work can be completed from home and with flexible hours. Meetings take place in board members’ homes and via video conference calls.
- Two trips / year to Northern Peru (one week in November, one week in January). Travel expenses covered by the FACES Foundation.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th, 2020